Terms and Conditions
We have all had different responses to the pandemic and accompanying lock-down. Some people will be desperate to get outdoors and hug everything. Others may be worried about personal space and contact. All we ask is that you are sensitive and non-judgmental towards other people’s responses to this personal and societal trauma. Many issues have become very politicised and we would rather avoid these artificial points of friction, our focus is on working together. We have a detailed Covid risk assessment and we are putting in place measures like limited workshop sizes, a hot hand-wash, an outdoor bar and stage with covered seating and a larger fire pit.
Ticket Terms and Conditions
Please be certain you can adhere to these terms and conditions before you buy tickets. The safety and happiness of people who come to our events is of the highest importance to us and we will not hesitate to exclude anyone who threatens this.
1. Tickets are non-refundable, they are transferable. You can use our Facebook group to swap and sell tickets. Radical Bakers Lift Shares and Ticket swaps.
2. We reserve the right to alter, curtail or cancel entertainments and workshops. We will always try and find a replacement.
3. Children remain the responsibility of their parents at all times. Our site has areas that are totally off limits. You cannot allow your children to roam the site unsupervised. If you break these rules, you will be asked to leave immediately. All child ticket holders must be accompanied by a ticket holding parent or guardian with not more than 2 under 18s per adult. Under 18s must camp with their families. Child Tickets are for anyone within the specified age range on the Thursday. At our summer camp we run organised children’s activities in the center of the events space, so that parents can participate in the workshops.
4. Attendees must stay within the boundaries of the festival. Off limits areas will be indicated in the welcome email and in the opening session.
5. We can’t have doggos at our events. Unfortunately, we cannot ensure that everyone will be a responsible dog owner.
6. If you sleep in your vehicle or caravan, you must buy a campervan ticket. They must be parked as directed in the campervan area and there can be No running of engines while stationary (Go Solar…). Water and recycling points are available, but No facilities for emptying cassette toilets. Do NOT empty your chemical toilet into our compost loos. Concessionary live-in vehicle tickets are available if you live in your vehicle all year round.
7. Although we will take every care to make sure that our caterer’s food has clear information about all its ingredients, we cannot guarantee that it will be totally free of nuts, gluten or other things that you may be intolerant of or allergic to. Our catering crew are knowledgeable and friendly, please ask them about the ingredients for each dish. There will be a low-gluten option for every meal and anything containing nuts or known common allergens will be labelled. If you know that you are severely allergic to anything please bring your own food. We cannot cater to those with severe allergies.
8. No unauthorised sound systems are allowed. This includes Minirigs and other portable speakers. No Drums.
9. No Generators.
10. No fireworks, Chinese lanterns or lasers or anything likely to cause a nuisance/hazard to others.
11. No open fires. You may cook in the campsite using camping gas or small purpose-built burners off the ground (please email us with details of your set-up), but disposable BBQs are not allowed. We will provide several communal fires and seasoned wood each evening.
12. Ticket holders consent to inclusion in photographic, visual and audio promotion of Upskill Events Ltd’s events. If you don’t want to appear on our website or Facebook, please let us know and we will not use any pictures of you.
13. We are a family event with a focus on learning. Anyone that is caught selling a controlled substance will be reported to the Police immediately.
14. Gates open at noon on the Thursday for standard weekend ticket holders. All ticket holders must be off-site by midday Monday.
15. Gates shut strictly for Vehicular entry & re-entry at 10pm each evening. All vehicles must be parked in designated areas as directed by our staff.
16. No Glass. Glass bottomed metal tankards are fine.
17. The right of admission is reserved.
18. No loud noise after licensed hours.
Safer Spaces Policy
A Safer Spaces Policy is an agreement that you enter into with all the other people at the event. It clearly states what is acceptable in terms of how we interact with each other.
It is important that we are all clear about what is acceptable and what to do if things go wrong. We have a designated responsible (and trusted by us) person who you can bring your concerns to in confidence at any time during the event, if you feel someone is being out of order or just in general if you feel something is wrong.
1. Don’t be aggressive or manipulative towards others. We have a zero tolerance policy towards any sort of violence.
2. Derogatory language, casual discrimination or any racism are grounds for being asked to leave.
3. Unwanted or inappropriate touching and any other assault are grounds for the police to be called.
Look after yourself and those around you, our staff are on hand at the first aid/welcome point if you have any problems. We have a detailed child protection policy and designated person as well as an event management and safety plan.
We will fully support you if you have any concerns. We are here to ensure everyone’s safe attendance at our event and if a resolution is not available on-site, we have the option of calling on the police or social services. We will not hesitate to do this if we feel there has been criminal wrongdoing.
We will never share your data with a third party and will only use it to inform you about our events. If you buy tickets we will add you to our mailing list. You can unsubscribe at anytime from the link at the bottom of the email. All customer information is stored on a secure server and we only keep names, postcodes, email addresses and order details. We do not keep any of your financial details.
More details of our Summer Gathering
More details of our Harvest Camp