Terms and Conditions
Safer Spaces Policy
A Safer Spaces Policy is an agreement that you enter into with all the other people at the event. It clearly states what is acceptable in terms of how we interact with each other. One of the things that is very important to us is that everyone looks after each other and finds ways to get along. We have a designated responsible person who you can bring your concerns to in confidence at any time.
1. Don’t be aggressive or manipulative towards others. We have a zero tolerance policy towards any sort of violence.
2. Derogatory language or casual discrimination are grounds for being asked to leave. (no matter what the ism…)
3. Unwanted or inappropriate touching and any other assault are grounds for the police to be called.
We will fully support you if you have any concerns. We are here to ensure everyone’s safe attendance at our event and if a resolution is not available on-site, we have the option of calling on the police or social services. We will not hesitate to do this if we feel there has been criminal wrongdoing. Look after yourself and those around you, our staff are on hand at the first aid/welcome point if you have any problems. We have a detailed child protection policy and designated person as well as an event management and safety plan.
Ticket Terms and Conditions
Please be certain you can adhere to these terms and conditions before you buy tickets. The safety and happiness of people who come to our events is of the highest importance to us and we will not hesitate to exclude anyone who threatens this.
1. Tickets are non-refundable and valid only for the specified dates and event. Tickets are transferable, you can use our Facebook group to swap and sell tickets. Radical Bakers Lift Shares and Ticket Swaps. We will not be able to assist you in selling your unwanted tickets other than pinning your post in the FB group. Email firstname.lastname@example.org when you have sold your tickets and we will change the name.
2. No Dogs without a Dog Ticket and Bond. Unfortunately, we cannot ensure that everyone will be a responsible dog owner, but don’t want to exclude people. You must buy a ticket for your pet that includes a returnable bond if you are a responsible owner and your dog causes no problems. See full terms for doge ticket below…
3. Children remain the responsibility of their parents at all times. Our site has areas that are totally off limits. You cannot allow your children to roam the site unsupervised. If you break these rules, you will be asked to leave immediately. All child ticket holders must be accompanied by a ticket holding parent or guardian with not more than 2 under 18s per adult. Under 18s must camp with their families. Child Tickets are for anyone within the specified age range on the Thursday.
4. We are a family event with a focus on learning. Anyone that is caught selling a controlled substance will be reported to the Police immediately.
5. We reserve the right to alter, curtail or cancel entertainments, dishes, activities and workshops. We will always try and find a replacement.
6. No loud noise after licensed hours. No unauthorised sound systems, this includes Minirigs and other portable speakers. No Drums.
7. No Generators.
8. If you sleep in your vehicle or caravan, you must buy a campervan ticket. They must be parked as directed in the campervan area and there can be No running of engines while stationary (Go Solar…). Water and recycling points are available, but No facilities for emptying cassette toilets. Do NOT empty your chemical toilet into our compost loos. Concessionary live-in vehicle tickets are available if you live in your vehicle all year round. Vehicle speed is limited to 5mph at all times when on site.
9. Although we will take every care to make sure that our caterer’s food has clear information about all its ingredients, we cannot guarantee that it will be totally free of nuts, gluten or other things that you may be intolerant of or allergic to. Our catering crew are knowledgeable and friendly, please ask them about the ingredients for each dish. There will be a low-gluten option for every meal. If you know that you are severely allergic to anything please bring your own food. We cannot cater to those with severe allergies.
10. Attendees must stay within the boundaries of the event. Off limits areas will be indicated in the welcome email and in the opening session.
11. No open fires. You may cook in the campsite using camping gas or small purpose-built burners off the ground (please email us with details of your set-up), but disposable BBQs are not allowed. We will provide several communal fires and seasoned wood each evening.
12. Ticket holders consent to inclusion in photographic, visual and audio promotion of Upskill Events Ltd’s events. If you don’t want to appear on our website or Facebook, please let us know and we will not use any pictures of you.
13. No Glass. Glass bottomed metal tankards are fine.
14. Gates open at noon on the Thursday for standard weekend ticket holders. All ticket holders must be off-site by Monday 2pm.
15. Gates shut strictly for Vehicular entry & re-entry at 10pm each evening. All vehicles must be parked in designated areas as directed by our staff.
16. No fireworks, Chinese lanterns or lasers or anything likely to cause a nuisance/hazard to others.
18. The right of admission is reserved.
Dog Ticket Terms and Conditions
We have decided to allow dogs with responsible owners and Crabapple have agreed to have 7 dogs including dogs belonging to our crew.
Dog tickets are £80 including a £50 Dog Bond, returnable if you are a responsible owner and your dog does not cause problems. If your dog does cause problems, you may be asked to leave. It is up to individual workshop providers to say whether dogs are welcome to their sessions.
You must follow these rules. Breaking them means you will forfeit your Dog Bond and repeat offenders will be asked to leave.
- Keep your dog on a lead and under control, with a responsible person holding the lead at all times.
This applies in the Campsite as well as the event spaces. It’s OK to have them attached to something in your campsite as long as you are present.
- You must clean up after your dog.
- Dogs are not allowed in the Kitchen and some of the workshops.
If your dog is found running loose and we cannot locate you, we reserve the right to remove it from the event site.
We have all had different responses to the pandemic and accompanying lock-down. Some people will be desperate to get outdoors and hug everything. Others may be worried about personal space and contact. All we ask is that you are sensitive and non-judgmental towards other people’s responses to this personal and societal trauma. Many issues have become very politicised and we would rather avoid these artificial points of friction, our focus is on working together. We have a detailed Covid risk assessment.
We will never share your data with a third party and will only use it to inform you about our events. If you buy tickets we will add you to our mailing list. You can unsubscribe at anytime from the link at the bottom of the email. All customer information is stored on a secure server and we only keep names, postcodes, email addresses and order details. We do not keep any of your financial details.
More details of our Summer Gathering
More details of our Harvest Camp