There is a fully catered ticket option for Radical Bakers. Shakira and her crew will be serving delicious, freshly cooked and seasonal food.
Shaikra says: “The main thing for me with food, apart from it tasting good, is the idea that ‘food should be thy medicine’. From that premise I’ve drafted out a menu that should tantalise the taste buds, be seasonal and local where possible, be sensory in its textures, scent and flavours and really importantly, help to support positive well-being by using ingredients that nurture the body and mind. The menu for the weekend (apart from some of the breakfast components served as an option and cooked in a separate kitchen) is vegan and gluten-free, so it is as inclusive as possible.”
– Whole grain, rye, gluten-free bread – with a selection of spreads (SATURDAY & SUNDAY)
– Fresh fruit – bananas, apples, possibly pineapple or melon (SATURDAY & SUNDAY)
– Porridge – with coconut milk, ginger, spices, sultanas, dates and apple compote (SATURDAY)
– Muesli – with seeds, sultanas, dates (SUNDAY)
– Boiled eggs (SUNDAY) Please note, these will be cooked in a separate kitchen and served as an option.
FRIDAY – Evening meal
– Summer vegetable and bean ratatouille
– Lemon and parsley new potatoes
– Leafy salad with pesto dressing
– Coleslaw with lemon and fennel seed
SATURDAY – Lunch
– Carrot, orange, fennel and lentil soup or a Thai broth
– Leafy salad with coriander, parsley and cider vinegar dressing
– Sprouted beans
SATURDAY – Evening meal
– Fragrant Thai curry
– Brown rice
– Carrot, cabbage and coconut salad with tamari toasted seeds
– Leafy salad
SUNDAY – Lunch
– Assorted vegetables roasted in spices
– Tabbouleh salad
– Sprouted beans
There will also be some sweet treats served in the afternoon:
– Courgette and elderflower cake (Friday)
– Chai spiced energy balls (Saturday)
– Banana flapjack cake (Sunday)
The adult meal is for six meals from the Friday evening meal until Sunday lunch time. Please bring your own plates and cutlery. Washing up stations with hot water provided.
Radical Bakers is a weekend camping event with focused workshops during the day and live music and a bar in the evenings. There is Kids’ stuff, outdoor activities, Team Bake-off, solar cinema and a chance to learn and share practical skills.
There are no hidden costs and the ticket price includes booking fees, camping and parking plus access to all the Workshops. Tickets are available from radicalbakers.org/tickets.