An archive of some of the activities at our gatherings. It doesn’t count the impromptu skill shares, conversations and chance meetings that really make it worthwhile (or the ones without articles written yet…). Radical Bakers Gatherings have full days of workshops in nice canvas spaces. Our focus is on self-reliance and sustainability.
Click the links or scroll down to find a full article or check the event pages for details of this year’s confirmed activities.
- Upcycled Jewellery with Julie Dawson
- Kitchen Medicines with Rox Madeira
- Permaculture Introduction with Rosalind
- Bat Identification with Kath
- Solar Cooking with SLICK
- Herbal first aid and Wild food foraging and cooking
- Paper Weaving with Sara from Smptree
- Baker’s Arms Cafe
- Team Bake-off and Baking area
- Natural Bee Keeping with BfD
- Low Impact Architecture
- Textiles with Julie Henderson
- Bulk Baking with Andy’s Bread
- Nutrition with Isy Morgenmuffel
- Home Brewing with Scott Rewild
- Soil Building and Biochar with Ed Revill
- Colds and Flu Remedies with Iain Stewart
- Dynamic Fermentation with John Baker
- Young Bakers
- Seed Saving with Diane from Bristol Seed Swap
- Green Woodworking with Mike Craig
- Bees and Humans with Phil Cowley Jones
- Wild Meat with Tannery Organic Traditional
- Foraging walks at Crabapple with Stu
- Growing Mushrooms with Nicki
- Water Systems with Jay Abrahams
- Solar power and batteries
- Cold Smoking and Starting a Smallholding business
- Practical Herbal Medicine with Iain Stewart – make ointments and salves
- Film showing: In Our Hands
- Spinning and Dyeing with Stella Berg
- Julian Cowderoy – electricity from heat
- Organic Heritage Flours and Milling
- Traditional Skinning and Tanning with Scott Rewild
- Sunday Morning Choir
- Raku Pottery with Julian
- Maintaining a forest and Orchard with Matthew Bishop
- Healthy Cakes with Pam Tanka
- Camp market
- Fire Pit and Acoustic Jam with Howlin’ Mat
Radical Bakers Gathering, Crabapple Community, Shrewsbury, Shropshire
12-14th June 2020.
More details, confirmed workshops and tickets HERE.
Radical Bakers Harvest Camp, Cerddin Farm, Llanymawddwy, Gwynedd, Wales
11-13th September 2020.
More details and tickets HERE.
John will be talking about Low impact design and Passivhaus building. He will also be talking about Machynlleth’s reaction to Climate emergency. He is creating an online tool for collaboration and organisation around making actual change. John Williamson has designed & built Low Impact…
The Textiles tent is a calm yet busy space inside a lovely, white canvas marquee. Julie will be providing support, advice and sewing skills to upcycle textiles and fabric throughout Radical Bakers, concentrating on what you need for low impact living. Come along to…
Andy ran bulk baking sessions in 2019 to bake the bread for the café each morning. Andy’s Bread is a small artisan bakery based in Llanidloes, Powys. Their range includes slowly fermented rye and wheat sourdough breads, traditional tin loaves and viennoiserie products. Andy…
One of the keynote talks in 2018 was on Nutrition. Isy will be demystifying nutritional science (e.g. fats, digestion, blood sugar), and giving ideas for developing a healthy relationship with food. A chance to ask questions and discuss practical solutions for improving how we…
Brewing is one of the oldest crafts known to humans. The age-honoured hobby of making wines and beers from fruits, vegetables, flowers, grains, honey and herbs. Home Brewing has never been easier. You can choose to not add unnecessary sugars, preservatives and other chemicals….
We are increasing food production, whilst expecting ever cheaper food. Intensive farming is causing alarming rates of soil erosion and climate change. Ed Revill’s workshop on Biochar and soil building aims to understand and explore a path back to living within the Earth’s capacity…
Willow Be-Hooked help you make your own willow creation – something for your home or garden or a present for a friend. Its a beautiful mellow space for meeting and crafting. Willow-be-Hooked will be making the wicker part of some Bannetons for baking sourdough…
Iain ran workshops in 2018 and 2019 For anyone who wants to become more confident in treating either themselves or their children through common illnesses … before going to see the doctor. This workshop will provide tried and tested, easy and practical ways to…
Dynamic Fermentation is a new approach to making yogurt that focuses on quality and simplicity. Designed with the vegan kitchen in mind, Dynamic Fermentation takes place in a simple but unique fermentation chamber with no heating or stirring and requires no more than 5…
This is when the baking area is turned over to the Kids. Make bread, cakes or Pizza. Learn to bake in ovens. This is a guided baking session for parents and kids and we will be organising a Kid’s team for the Bake-Off. Families…