An archive of some of the activities at our gatherings. It doesn’t count the impromptu skill shares, conversations and chance meetings that really make it worthwhile (or the ones without articles written yet…). Radical Bakers Gatherings have full days of workshops in nice canvas spaces. Our focus is on self-reliance and sustainability.
Click the links or scroll down to find a full article or check the event pages for details of this year’s confirmed activities.
- Upcycled Jewellery with Julie Dawson
- Kitchen Medicines with Rox Madeira
- Permaculture Introduction with Rosalind
- Bat Identification with Kath
- Solar Cooking with SLICK
- Herbal first aid and Wild food foraging and cooking
- Paper Weaving with Sara from Smptree
- Baker’s Arms Cafe
- Team Bake-off and Baking area
- Natural Bee Keeping with BfD
- Low Impact Architecture
- Textiles with Julie Henderson
- Bulk Baking with Andy’s Bread
- Nutrition with Isy Morgenmuffel
- Home Brewing with Scott Rewild
- Soil Building and Biochar with Ed Revill
- Colds and Flu Remedies with Iain Stewart
- Dynamic Fermentation with John Baker
- Young Bakers
- Seed Saving with Diane from Bristol Seed Swap
- Green Woodworking with Mike Craig
- Bees and Humans with Phil Cowley Jones
- Wild Meat with Tannery Organic Traditional
- Foraging walks at Crabapple with Stu
- Growing Mushrooms with Nicki
- Water Systems with Jay Abrahams
- Solar power and batteries
- Cold Smoking and Starting a Smallholding business
- Practical Herbal Medicine with Iain Stewart – make ointments and salves
- Film showing: In Our Hands
- Spinning and Dyeing with Stella Berg
- Julian Cowderoy – electricity from heat
- Organic Heritage Flours and Milling
- Traditional Skinning and Tanning with Scott Rewild
- Sunday Morning Choir
- Raku Pottery with Julian
- Maintaining a forest and Orchard with Matthew Bishop
- Healthy Cakes with Pam Tanka
- Camp market
- Fire Pit and Acoustic Jam with Howlin’ Mat
Radical Bakers Gathering, Crabapple Community, Shrewsbury, Shropshire
12-14th June 2020.
More details, confirmed workshops and tickets HERE.
Radical Bakers Harvest Camp, Cerddin Farm, Llanymawddwy, Gwynedd, Wales
11-13th September 2020.
More details and tickets HERE.
Food and farming is in crisis. In just over a decade we’ve lost more than 33,000 farms from our countryside, and alongside this, bad diet is now causing more health problems than smoking! The fundamental link between people, food and the very land we…
Stella Berg, herbalist and textile maker, has been spinning and dyeing yarns and making textiles for fifty years. She will talk about wild collection, cultivation and preparation of dye plants and the basics of how dyeing is done with British yarns (nettles, hemp, linen,…
A lot of the wood and coal we burn goes into waste heat. Why not take the heat and convert it into electricity? This can be done with thermoelectrics. Julian will be giving a talk on generating electricity from heat. He also makes quality…
As part of the Radical Bakers Team Bake-off, we will be selecting heritage flours and grinding grains with a solar powered stone grain mill. There will be the option to mix this flour with a sourdough starter and there will be a choice of…
Scott first became interested in organic traditional tanning through the primitive skills movement in Sweden. He attended a DIY wilderness gathering skill share about 8 years ago. Staying on in Sweden and living with a small clan in the forest. He then went north…
Charlotte will be leading us in a singing and laughter workshop with whoever turns up, ‘non-singers’ very welcome. Charlotte teaches songs from all over the world. www.lifebulb.org
Raku pottery is used in traditional Japanese tea ceremonies. It is something we can make over the weekend and get startling results. On Friday Evening you can mold your own pots and on Sunday you can glaze those pots or use ones provided. The…
Matthew ran his workshop in 2019 Over the last 19 years Matt has planted nearly two thousand native trees and an orchard on his land in West Tipperary. During this time he has acquired some very useful skills, both theoretical and practical, on maintaining…
Substituting ingredients and nutrition for people with health problems. How to make sugar, gluten free and dairy free cakes including a Polenta cake. Better for you with unprocessed fresh ingredients.
Bring your crafts, Tat, produce, preserves and starters to swap and sell in our camp market. It is from lunchtime on Saturday and after the workshops on Sunday in the Baker’s Arms marquee. We will have a limited amount of tables or you are…