An archive of some of the activities at our gatherings. It doesn’t count the impromptu skill shares, conversations and chance meetings that really make it worthwhile (or the ones without articles written yet…). Radical Bakers Gatherings have full days of workshops in nice canvas spaces. Our focus is on self-reliance and sustainability.
Click the links or scroll down to find a full article or check the event pages for details of this year’s confirmed activities.
- Fermenting Vegetables with Annie Levy
- Upcycled Jewellery with Julie Dawson
- Kitchen Medicines with Rox Madeira
- Permaculture Introduction with Rosalind
- Singing with Polly Wilde
- Bat Identification with Kath
- Solar Cooking with SLICK
- Herbal first aid and Wild food foraging and cooking
- Paper Weaving with Sara from Smptree
- Haybox cooking with Jane and Seggy
- Baker’s Arms Cafe
- Team Bake-off and Baking area
- Natural Bee Keeping with BfD
- Low Impact Architecture
- Textiles with Julie Henderson
- Bulk Baking with Andy’s Bread
- Nutrition with Isy Morgenmuffel
- Home Brewing with Scott Rewild
- Soil Building and Biochar with Ed Revill
- Colds and Flu Remedies with Iain Stewart
- Dynamic Fermentation with John Baker
- Young Bakers
- Seed Saving with Diane from Bristol Seed Swap
- Green Woodworking with Mike Craig
- Bees and Humans with Phil Cowley Jones
- Wild Meat with Tannery Organic Traditional
- Foraging walks at Crabapple with Stu
- Growing Mushrooms with Nicki
- Water Systems with Jay Abrahams
- Solar power and batteries
- Cold Smoking and Starting a Smallholding business
- Practical Herbal Medicine with Iain Stewart – make ointments and salves
- Film showing: In Our Hands
- Spinning and Dyeing with Stella Berg
- Julian Cowderoy – electricity from heat
- Organic Heritage Flours and Milling
- Traditional Skinning and Tanning with Scott Rewild
- Sunday Morning Choir
- Raku Pottery with Julian
- Maintaining a forest and Orchard with Matthew Bishop
- Healthy Cakes with Pam Tanka
- Camp market
- Fire Pit and Acoustic Jam with Howlin’ Mat
Radical Bakers Gathering, Crabapple Community, Shrewsbury, Shropshire
12-14th June 2020.
More details, confirmed workshops and tickets HERE.
Radical Bakers Harvest Camp, Cerddin Farm, Llanymawddwy, Gwynedd, Wales
11-13th September 2020.
More details and tickets HERE.
Matthew ran his workshop in 2019 Over the last 19 years Matt has planted nearly two thousand native trees and an orchard on his land in West Tipperary. During this time he has acquired some very useful skills, both theoretical and practical, on maintaining…
Substituting ingredients and nutrition for people with health problems. How to make sugar, gluten free and dairy free cakes including a Polenta cake. Better for you with unprocessed fresh ingredients.
Bring your crafts, Tat, produce, preserves and starters to swap and sell in our camp market. It is from lunchtime on Saturday and after the workshops on Sunday in the Baker’s Arms marquee. We will have a limited amount of tables or you are…
There will be a cosy corner of the field where acoustic musicians, singers and improvisers can play music together. Please bring singing voices, clapping hands and dancing bodies to the fire pit after the main bands have finished. Hosted by Howlin’ Matt, this is…